LIGHTNING RIDGE BLACK OPAL COUNTRY
It is a great place to visit
There is so much to see and do and you will need to stay more than a few days to experience everything on offer. Highlights and things while being here are to
- Come on a tour with OUTBACK OPAL TOURS. You will get to see the best there is to see of the Ridge and we will make sure your visit is a unique and very memorable experience.
- Revive in the therapeutic Bore Baths with 24-hour free access – 7 days a week (closed only for a short period every day for cleaning) http://www.greatartesiandrive.com.au/Walgett-Shire/Lightning-Ridge
- Enjoy the quirky attractions with underground sculptures http://www.chambersoftheblackhand.com.au and quirky local architecture
- Shop for a special piece of jewellery, specimens, or rough and cut opals. There are many opal shops to visit while being in Lightning Ridge http://www.lostseaopals.com.au,https://www.classicopals.com.au, http://www.downtoearthopals.com.au
- Appreciate the local art scene with a number of galleries http://www.johnmurrayart.com.au
- Don’t miss to take notice of sunrises and sunsets – we are famous for our magnificent color play especially at sunset with our wide-open skies
- Call in at the Australian Opal Centre http://www.australianopalcentre.com/ at 3/11 Morilla Street. The showroom is packed with beautiful fossils, specimens and all the info about the amazing project of the new museum
- Lightning Ridge Historical Society http://www.wj.com.au/lrhistory/
- Visit the 5-star Olympic Pool and Indoors Diving Centre
- Take the kids to the Water Theme Park in summer
- Travel to QLD, only 45 mins and visit the Hebel
- There are loads more things and activities to do and see here in town and we will point out any other interesting places. Our friendly tour guides give you all the information that’s needed to make your stay extra special and memorable.
More information is available on www.lightningridgeinfo.com.au or at your accommodation place or Lightning Ridge Visitor Inforamtion Centre https://www.walgett.nsw.gov.au/tourism/visitor-information-centres/lightning-ridge-visitor-information-centre/ .